January 26, 2012

Seafood Red Curry

I was showing my friend Tong, photos of the dishes I've cooked in the past and we both salivated over this Seafood Red Curry which was one of my early dishes, so I am reposting this from my old blog, but this time I'm including the recipe.


Seafood Red Curry

1/2 kilo shrimps (shelled & deveined)
2 pcs dory fillet (sliced)
1 pc squid (sliced)
1/4 kilo marble potatoes
1 red chili
2 tbsp red curry paste
1 cup coconut milk / cream
2 tbsp fish sauce
1/2 lemon 
3/4 cup water
coriander
2-3 tbsp oil

Deseed and chop the red chili. Set aside.

Place the potatoes in a pan with water and salt. Let it boil until soft, about 20 mins and set aside.

Heat the oil in pan. Add the curry paste and red chili, stir-fry until fragrant. 

Toss in the shrimp and fish, quickly coat with curry paste. Add in the coconut milk, water and fish sauce. Simmer for 3 minutes.

Add the squid and simmer for another minute. Squeeze the juice from the lemon and let it sit for a minute before stirring. Simmer for another 2 mins. 

Transfer to a bowl and garnish with coriander. 

*note: to make it spicier, add more red chili

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis