January 25, 2012

Ati-atihan Weekend

I've been swamped with work since I got back from my weekend trip 2 weeks ago, so my apologies for this late post. A while back my friend Tong invited me to come celebrate her husband's birthday in Kalibo (the same weekend as the town's festival called the Ati-atihan) with their family and as I have never been to the Ati-atihan I immediately said yes. For those who've never heard of this festival, Ati-atihan is an annual feast held every January in honor of the Sto. NiƱo (baby Jesus), traditionally the celebration includes a weekend of parade with tribal dancing and music. Seeing as I was not a catholic this to me was a full weekend of street partying and drinking and what better way to start the new year with a bang. Here are a few photos of my great weekend!

Should've bought one of these. Will have to wait until next year

The hosts: tong and her hubby the birthday boy


The Tan Family




the boys and their supposed avengers-themed faces


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis