January 03, 2012

Paper Lilies

Last christmas I did a whole recycling theme with my gift wrapping and to make my newspaper wrapping more attractive I decided to use paper flowers as accents. As a child, I spent hours in folding papers trying to copy not only my sister katherine's origami (i've always envied her crafty skills, though she rarely makes use of them) but also my brothers' boat and airplane folding skills. It was frustrating then that I couldn't come close to what they we're making but my patience in learning the craft and they're losing interest has made me eventually paid off. Here's one of the flowers that I made -- Kusudama or a lily flower as I like to think of it.

What you'll need:

5 sheets square paper (I used a 6" x 6") and Glue

The How-to:

Step 1: Lay your paper flat on the table and fold in a triangle. Then bring the two corners to the center to form a diamond and press.

Step 2: Fold each flap in half to create a fold on its center and spread it out to look like the image above.


Step 3: Fold the top part of each flap inside out to form an inverted triangle then fold the flap in half inward (follow the scored center of the flap). Add glue on one of the flaps and bring together both side inward, the two flaps should be facing together that from the top you'll see three folded "pollens" on the inside. Do this with all the sheets, once done glue each petal together and voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

ShareThis